“When Niles introduced the third generation of its DS Directed Soundfield Loudspeakers in 2010, we ingeniously presented a loudspeaker line that addressed the challenges professional installers face every day,” said Mike ‘Sparky’ Detmer, president of Niles Audio. “The introduction of our new CM Architectural Loudspeakers completes our ceiling mount lineup by providing installers a vast assortment of application-specific loudspeakers that fit into the same-sized cutout making them perfect for projects of any scale and any budget. Installers can specify and install systems using any combination of our new CM and DS loudspeakers thanks to the similarities in size and performance found in each series.”
The new CM Architectural Loudspeakers thin-bezel and ultra-low profile provide a crisp, clean finish, and the magnetically-attached grilles greatly reduce installation time. The series includes round grilles standard and square grilles are available. The grilles can be painted to coordinate with any surrounding décor for added installation flexibility. The grilles are rust-resistant, eliminating service calls for loudspeakers installed in moisture-prone areas such as saunas, bathrooms and even outdoors under eaves.
Niles’ patent-pending spring-loaded mounting clamps compensate for a number of environmental conditions that would cause the mounting surface for the new CM series to expand or contract, such as high heat and humidity. The mounting clamps help to prevent material compression and stripping of screws by providing tactile feedback during the installation process to indicate when the installer should stop drilling.
All speakers in the line feature the same premium components found in Niles’ DS Directed Soundfield series including copper caps, high-level crossovers and Kapton voice coil formers to deliver the exceptional sonic performance expected from Niles loudspeakers. Additionally, the loudspeakers have been voiced specifically to handle dynamic content from Blu-ray discs as well as compressed music from sources such as iPods, Pandora and Rhapsody to ensure the best in audiophile performance from virtually any source.
Niles’ CM Architectural Loudspeakers are organized into logical groupings, enabling installers to easily specify the right loudspeaker for every application. The groupings and models for each include:
- MP (Multipurpose) – A versatile ceiling mount loudspeaker that is ideal for multi-room audio and home theater settings.
- CM7MP – 7”, 2-way loudspeaker for Left/Right/Center; MSRP $149.95
- CM8MP – 8”, 2-way loudspeaker for Left/Right/Center; MSRP $174.95
- PR (Performance) – Strikes the perfect blend of value and performance to deliver high performance sound in a wide variety of applications.
- CM4PR – 3.5”, 2-way loudspeaker for Left/Right/Center; MSRP $249.95
- CM7PR – 7”, 2-way loudspeaker for Left/Right/Center; MSRP $199.95
- CM8PR – 8”, 2-way loudspeaker for Left/Right/Center; MSRP $224.95
- HD (High Definition) – Provides superior sound quality and longevity by utilizing advanced components, materials and circuit design.
- CM7HD – 7”, 2-way loudspeaker for Left/Right/Center; MSRP $249.95
- CM8HD – 8”, 2-way loudspeaker for Left/Right/Center; MSRP $274.99
- BG (Background Music) – Perfect for secondary listening zones that need a cost-effective solution.
- CM7BG – 7”, 2-way loudspeaker for Left/Right/Center; MSRP $99.95
- SD (Shallow Depth) – Designed for applications where the depth behind the wall is limited such as MDUs.
- CM7SD – 7”, 2-way loudspeaker for Left/Right/Center; MSRP $249.99
- FX (Surround Effects) – Ceiling mount loudspeakers for the rear and side channels in a wide variety of home theater and multi-channel music applications.
- CM7FX – 7”, 2-way loudspeaker with surround effects; MSRP $349.95
- SI (Stereo Input) – Provides stereo sound from a single loudspeaker; ideal for locations that cannot support more than one loudspeaker, such as a small bathroom or hallways.
- CM7SI – 7”, 2-way loudspeaker with stereo input; MSRP $149.95
- CM8SI – 8”, 2-way loudspeaker with stereo input; MSRP $299.95
In addition to the range of 7” and 8” CM models available, Niles is also introducing the long-awaited CM4PR to the new lineup. The DM4PR is a 3.5" ceiling mount micro-loudspeaker designed with computer optimized Linkwitz Riley cross-over components and includes Niles Rear Wave Control. This highly compact but extremely versatile loudspeaker has virtually unlimited applications where space and design are a factor.
All CM Architectural Loudspeakers come with Niles’ Limited Lifetime Warranty. For more information on Niles’ CM Architectural Loudspeakers, please visit http://www.nilesaudio.com.